Packing the household or office goods is a tiring thing and involves a lot of hard work. We have mentioned some of the effective tips on how to pack each of the goods safely that will reduce the chances of damage to your valuables and thereby will save your great deal of money.
- In order to seal the bottom of the box always use a strong tape. The well taped boxes keep your valuables safe and secure. By sealing the side of the boxes they become much more reliable and durable. A handheld tape dispenser proves to be useful while sealing your box. These box sealing tape dispensers are portable and are perfect for box sealing. Thus our 'How to Seal a Box' guide can be of great help to you.
- You can seal the box along the join where the flaps meet but do not interlock the flaps of the box as it can affect the strength of the box and can make it fragile.
- Small sized boxes are ideal for packing heavier items like tinned food, DVD's, books, etc. So it is advised to use small sized boxes for packing heavy items.
- Make sure that you use the medium sized boxes for packing kitchen items including plates, utensils.
- Large sized boxes are suitable for clothes, packing toys, etc.
- Lifting heavy boxes can cause back pain. So it is beneficial to use small box for the heavier items.
- In order to pack mirrors, pictures, frames, etc picture boxes can be of great use.
- You need not worry regarding your clothes as you can use the wardrobe boxes. The wardrobe box includes a metal hanger with the help of which you can hang your clothes directly from your wardrobe to your boxes without folding them up.
- Use archive boxes to store files and folders.
Sealing and Labeling
- A handheld tape dispenser can be used for sealing boxes. You can go through our 'How to use a tape dispenser' guide which can help you to a great extent.
- By making use of the marker pens or different colored tapes you can identify the contents of the box.
- Boxes containing fragile and highly sensitive items can be depicted by giving a warning label
- By using wrapping paper, foam wrap, etc your valuables remain safe and secured.
- Make use of the plate dividers while packing your crockery.
- To protect the edges of wardrobes, tables, cabinets, etc edge protection can be of great help.
- In order to safeguard your sofas, mattresses from dust and dirt you can make use of sofa covers, mattress covers.
- Silica gel sachets can prevent moisture damage to contents of boxes. Silica gel sachets can be used in wardrobes, drawers, etc.
Some of the other Useful Tips
- Grip seal bags are useful for packing heavy products like nuts and bolts.
- It is mandatory to drain and unplug your washing machine and dish washer few days before moving house.
- While moving most of the people damage their fridge. It is because they don't know how to handle it with care. Don't forget to defrost your freezer. You can use the frozen food a few days before you move.
- In order to avoid carrying wet clothes with you during the move you can update the laundry a few days before your move.